Lead Paint Removal

Lead is a toxic metal that can cause serious health problems if it’s ingested or if dust containing lead is inhaled.
Lead paint is only dangerous when it becomes detached from the wall and can be ingested by children, for whom it is extremely dangerous, and adults, for whom it is only slightly less dangerous. An amateur attempt at lead removal can contaminate your entire house and leave you with a Superfund site for which you are responsible. We recommend that you hire a professional to remove lead paint.

We are a full-service water, storm, and fire damage restoration company, so renovations and remodeling that involve paint removal are a large part of our business. Asbestos New York’s technicians have undergone stringent certification by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to become Lead-Safe Certified contractors in the state of New York. This means we are government approved to properly inspect, assess, and abate lead-based paint and dust.

We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured and we maintain an A-plus rating with the Better Business Bureau. At Asbestos New York, we make homes and businesses livable. Today, our lead paint removal process allows you to use your home or business safely. We at Asbestos New York wants you to relax, have fun, and enjoy living in your home for many years to come. That is why we carefully remediate hazardous building materials like lead paint from homes so children and parents can stretch out and relax without worries of contamination from hazardous materials..